Exercise Physiology sessions are tailored to treating a wide range of conditions and concerns:
- Cardiovascular conditions can range from hypertension and high cholesterol to ischaemic strokes and heart attacks. Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) is a leading cause of death and disease burden in Australia, but it can be prevented!
- Exercise physiologists can help prevent & treat these conditions and even help you reduce your medication!
- Metabolic disorders can develop if certain organs stop functioning properly. These disorders can be due to genetics, a deficiency in certain hormones or enzymes, consuming too much of certain foods, or a number of other factors.
- Common metabolic disorders include; Diabetes, Obesity, fatty liver disease, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Diabetes is the most common diagnosed metabolic condition and it is preventable!
- Diabetes Group Sessions link
- Injuries or pain that affect the body’s movement or musculoskeletal system, including; joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves, tendons, discs, blood vessels and bones.
- The most common disorders are; strains & sprains, joint replacements, carpel tunnel syndrome, tendonitis & arthritis
- Strength and conditioning training can help prevent & treat these conditions!
- Strength & conditioning page link
- Disorders of the brain, spine and nerves that connect them.
- Such as some cancers & injuries, epilepsy, chronic fatigue, stroke, Parkinson’s disease & chronic pain
- Exercise intervention is proven to assist in the treatment of these conditions and help prevent recurrence.
Mental health conditions
- Disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behaviour.
- Conditions include; depression, anxiety, stress, PTSD, alcoholism
- Appropriate exercise intervention can achieve significant mental & physical benefits for people with symptoms of depression, anxiety, stress, PTSD and other mental health conditions.
Exercise physiologists will develop tailored exercise prescription programs & lifestyle management plans to treat your current condition or injury and prevent further complications, taking into consideration medications/dosage & physical and/or mental limitations.
BOOK YOUR FREE ASSESSMENT TODAY!